【Fried salmon with green ponkan in white wine sauce】
Salmon and the green skinned orange surprisingly match very well together. Fish oil, butter, citrus oil and white wine together form many layers of flavor. The smell of the slightly scorched salmon and the black pepper make the flavor more interesting. It is a dish for everyone in the family to enjoy.
1. Wash the salmon; add in white wine, black pepper and sea salt. Wait for 30 minutes.
2. Cut off the root of the asparagus, peel off the thick skin. Then boil a bowl of water. When the water is boiling, place the thicker part of the asparagus into the bowl for about 10 seconds, and then cook the whole asparagus for another 10 seconds. Take it out and put into ice water to cool it and then dry it. Put it on a plate for use.
3. After heating the pan, put in a bit of butter and the salmon. Use high heat to fix the surface. Then lower the heat to medium high until the fish turns lightly brown. Flip it over and cook in the same way. After you finish, place the salmon on top of the asparagus.
4. Turn off the fire. Don’t wash your pan just yet. Add 3 spoons of green skinned orange jam, and a bit of white wine. Use the heat remained in the pan to stir it into sauce.
5. Pour the sauce into the saucer, and you can add a piece of lemon on the side.
【Roasted chicken with fruity sauce】
Using pineapple jam as a natural tenderizer will soften the meat and at the same time brings a little fruity flavor. The flesh of fruit mixed in it also enhances mouthfeel. It is definitely a dish worth cooking. Even the children who don’t eat fruits can’t resist!
1. Preparing ingredients: 50g Pineapple jam,2 pieces of boneless chicken legs,1/4 apple,1 slice of cabbage,1/4 chopped onion
2. Making stuffing: Cut the onion and the peeled apple into pieces with the size of about 0.5cm, and then add a little bit of salt and black pepper for seasoning.
Boil the cabbage till it’s ripening soft and let it cool down. You can use chopper or peeling knife to thinner the cabbage. Put 30g jam on the cabbage and wrap it tight.
3. Processing chicken legs:Put the boneless chicken legs into 20g of pineapple jam and let it marinade for 30 minutes. The purpose is to use the jam as a natural tenderizer, so the meat won’t be too tough.
Take out the chicken legs after marinating and tear the skin from the chicken by hand to form a pocket shape. Use a toothpick to hold the skin and the meat. Use your hand to press gently to prevent the ingredients from slipping out during the cooking process, and sprinkle little bit of salt and black peppercorn on the skin.
4. Frying the legs:Place the chicken legs on the heated pan with oil (the skin should face down, and sprinkle a little bit of salt and black peppercorn on top of the meat). Fry for about 1 minute. After it turns brown, flip the meat and place it on the baking tray. Roast the chicken with the upper heat at 180 degree and the lower heat at 160 degree for 20 minutes. And you can eat it after it is fully cooked!
【Perch slice and grass shrimp with pineapple hollandaise sauce】
Fresh perch slice mixed with sweet grass shrimp and topped with pineapple hollandaise sauce. The rich aroma will be spread as soon as you open the oven. It will be the focus when it’s served on the table and make you a heartthrob in just one second!
1. Prepare ingredients:2 eggs, 64g butter, 80g pineapple jam, 6g salt, 5 slices of perch, 5 grass shrimp.
2. Make hollandaise sauce:Separating the egg yolks and the egg white. Whisk the egg yolks, pineapple jam, and salt in the bowl for a few moments until thick and pale. The bowl should be heated in water on the stove. Gradually add small amount of melted butter to the bowl with the yolks. Whisk well between each addition, until it is thickened.
3. Wrap perch and grass shrimp:Peel the grass shrimps and remove the tendons. Then, marinate in the sauce of salt, onion, ginger, pepper and rice wine.
Finally, dry and wrap around the grass shrimp with perch and put it nice and tidy onto the tray. Top it with hollandaise sauce.
4. Put into the oven:Upper heat at 200 degrees and the lower heat at 160 degrees, bake till the hollandaise sauce turns golden yellow. (Approximately 18 minutes)